New Japan RadioSemiconductor Product Information
Semiconductor Product Information
- Is it possible to use a dual-supply op. amp. with single supply?
- It is possible, however with some restrictions. The single-supply op. amp can control input/output signals around 0V when in single-supply operation, and the dual-supply op. amp is designed for dealing with input/output signals centering on 0V. There is no difference in the power supply between those two. In other words, if you use a dual-supply op. amp with single supply, the input/output voltage range will be centred on V+/2 and you cannot input/output signals around the ground.
- Even though the sign says "Compatible with single-supply", you cannot use comparators such as NJM311 and NJM319 that have a ground terminal in the same way. You should change the ground terminal connecting point according to its application specification. Also, the NJM360 is not suitable for single-supply operation.
- For switch-equipped op. amps, you need to consider how to use its control terminal. Please refer to the data sheet of each product.
- In the category of OTA (Operational Transconductance Amp), the NJM13600 , NJM13700 require careful attention to direction of control current entry. The direction has to be from AMP BIAS INPUT terminal side to V- terminal side.